1. Name: Curtis
2. Age: 25
3. Gender: male
4. Would you prefer to be stamped as a specific gender? doesn't matter
5. What is your Career? If you don’t have one, what is it that you would prefer to do career-wise with your life? I work in student affairs/student services in Higher Education and I thoroughly enjoy it. I have always been interested in education and enjoy working with college students a great deal.
6. What is your favorite moment/memory from your childhood? Why?
7. What do you do in a typical GOOD day? I go to work and am very productive, have some good interactions with co-workers and students, go out to dinner with friends, possibly take in a movie or do some writing, and then slip off to sleep.
8. What happens to you in a typical BAD day? Bad days for me are usually when I get swamped at work either with outrageous expectations from our campus partners or not-so-great interactions with students or staff members I supervise. Also days when I don't get out of the office by 5:05pm are usually not great either.
9. How do you respond under pressure? I focus to just get the things done that I need to do. Rather than get worked up and let my stress get in the way, I get through it so then I can relax.
10. What is your favorite movie? Least favorite? Hmmm...I don't know if I can name a "favorite" and "least favorite" movie. I would probably give you different answers tomorrow but for favorite I'm going to say: The Devil Wears Prada (I like the idea that you should never have to sacrifice who you are to be successful, even though it might often seem like you have to. And Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway are brilliant as always.) and for least favorite, I'll say: Super Troopers (I think it's completely ridiculous, some of the stupidest humor I've EVER seen, and I don't get what the hype is all about.)
11. What is your favorite book? Letters to a Young Poet. I like its message of always working to pursue your dreams, even if they seem far off or you feel like you hit set-backs often.
12. How do you like to spend your free time (other than sitting behind a computer?) Reading, writing, watching movies (I'm a huge movie fan), spending time with friends, cooking, entertaining.
13. Who (whether in fiction, real life, across time etc) do you admire and respect the most? Why? I have a great admiration for my Master's program advisor. That woman has overcome a lot in her life and done some amazing things. Also, I see her as a great mentor as I'm hoping for a career path that somewhat follows where she ended up in the end.
14. What is your biggest fear? Not making the right career choices to end up down a path that will make me happy.
15. What is your favorite lyric/quote? "Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth." -Benjamin Disraeli I love this quote because I think it is absolute truth, but is so much easier said than done.
16. Who is your favorite character on Heroes, and why? My favorite character would have to be Micah. I like him because I think his ability is really cool and would be great to have, but I also admire his positivity, even after everything he's been through.
17. Who is your least favorite character on Heroes and why? Angela Petrelli. She seems so incredibly shady, has demonstrated that not even her own children can trust her, and I just don't think she someone I would want to be friends with for sure.
18. Which character can you relate to the most? Peter Petrelli in that I have many times had to take stands for the things I believe in. I have put in work to ensure that people who are different will hopefully find themselves in a better environment through programming, presentations, and working to have policies changed on campus.
19. If you could pick any one from the show to go on a dinner date with, who would it be and what would you do? What would you ask them? Hmm...I would probably choose Matt Parkman. I think it would be interesting to talk to him about what it's like to have his ability, although I guess I would have to be careful knowing he'd be able to tell what I'm thinking.
20. If you could have any super power what would it be (it does not have to be used in “Heroes”)? I have always had a fascination with telekinetic and telepathic powers, so I think that's what I would want. The ability to interact with physical objects and with people solely using my mind. It would be a power that would be easy to abuse, for sure, and would likely come with a great deal of responsibility, but it is the power I would want.
21. If you had a super power would you try to ignore it? Use it for personal gain? Use it to help others? I would not be able to ignore it and I'd like to think that I would only use it to help others, but if there were situations in which I found myself and I could use my power for personal gain, there's a good chance I probably wood.
22. Who is your ultimate favorite super hero from any show/comic/cartoon/film? It's a tie between The Human Torch from Fantastic Four and Cyclops and Jean Greyfrom The X-Men.
23. As a super hero how would you react to your identity becoming public knowledge? I would hope that it wouldn't be a big deal and I could just go about living my life, but I guess depending on my ability, that might not be possible. I guess if it came to it, I would become reclusive because I would not want that much spotlight.
24. What is your weakness (because every hero has one!)? My compassion. I care about people a great deal and I would have a very hard time if a villain ever threatened someone close to me or I had to make a choice between one innocent person's life and that of another or a whole group. It would be a dilemma for me I would not be able to answer.
25. Please share at least 2 pictures of your self, or write a brief description of your appearance if you are uncomfertable or unable to post a photo.
26. Is there anything else you would like to add? They have Waffles!