1. Name: My friends call me Fred.
2. Age: I am 17 years old.
3. Gender: I am female.
4. Would you prefer to be stamped as a specific gender? I have no preference.
5. What is your Career? If you don’t have one, what is it that you would prefer to do career-wise with your life? I am currently a high school senior and work part-time as a typist for a retired man. I plan to major in creative writing in college, but I have yet to decide what specific field of creative writing to pursue. I'm hoping that college will open my eyes to that.
6. What is your favorite moment/memory from your childhood? Why? One that stands out is making trading cards with my elder sister. In elementary school, I was sure I wanted to design games when I grew up–board games, card games, video games. One of the longest lived of the games I created was a trading card game for which my sister drew over 120 cards, featuring characters, monsters, sceneries, items, food, weapons, and ships. It was epic. The actual rules of the game are kind of lame, but we had a blast drawing those cards. They are the shiz.
7. What do you do in a typical GOOD day? I'm generally a positive person, so a good day is nothing out of the ordinary. Whatever tests I have are not too difficult, I'm free from major projects, and I spend my free time socializing with my classmates.
8. What happens to you in a typical BAD day? On a bad day, I have more on my plate than I can handle. I have tests I have not adequately prepared for, multiple projects that are due sooner than I'd like, and club activities that I cannot devote myself to because I am too focused on everything else. To make a day really bad, I'd also be having friendship troubles.
9. How do you respond under pressure? First, I panic. I become anxious, and I don't like it one bit. Then I either attack the problem with all that I have in me or I escape into the fantasyland inside my head.
10. What is your favorite movie? Least favorite? My favorite movies are Memento and The Prestige, both of which were written and directed by Christopher Nolan (who also co-wrote and directed The Dark Knight). The man is pure genius. :) I don't have a least favorite movie.
11. What is your favorite book? The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. It is a fantastic book that really speaks about the interconnectedness of human lives (like Heroes, haha).
12. How do you like to spend your free time (other than sitting behind a computer)? I'm a big video game buff. I also enjoy writing, drawing, and singing.
13. Who (whether in fiction, real life, across time etc) do you admire and respect the most? Why? At the moment, Socrates. I don't agree with all his views, I think that he questioned too much of what need not be questioned, and I dislike that he seemed to enjoy revealing to people their own stupidity BUT I have to admire that he died as he lived: with honor and principle. I think so calmly refusing to violate one's own damning principles when facing death must be very hard to do.
14. What is your biggest fear? Torture.
15. What is your favorite lyric/quote? I don't have one in particular, but three days ago, my Facebook status was: "Because our perch so narrow is, alas!" It's a line from Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, in which Chanticleer the Rooster tells Pertelote the Hen that when they are perched together, their tender sides rub against each other, but he cannot ride her because of the narrowness of their perch.
16. Who is your favorite character on Heroes, and why? Peter, especially the naïve, idealistic, mostly useless Peter at the start of season 1. In my opinion, he and Hiro are the heroes of the show. They believe they have a higher purpose and who are always trying to save people. He slipped a little during season two, but I'm hoping that, in light of recent events, I'll start liking him as much as I did before. I'm hoping that he'll have to strive harder, fall, and get back up. That's the type of character I like to see. :)
I'd also like to mention Isaac. Although he initially feared his powers, he eventually came to the conclusion that not only did they serve a higher purpose, but he served one as well. His acceptance of having done his part
Oh, man, I also must give Adam Monroe a mention simply because he was both amusing and cunning. And Elle's unbearably adorable. And Nathan's wonderfully conflicted. Damn, I love the characters on this show.
17. Who is your least favorite character on Heroes and why? Lately, Mohinder. I used to like him, but it seems he's always being misled or otherwise siding with the wrong people, and it's beginning to get annoying.
18. Which character can you relate to the most? Claire. I'm in high school. I'm dealing with the same things as Claire is: parents you love but can't fully trust, friends-turned-bitches, boys, school, and other really petty things. I hate that Claire is growing up. :)
19. If you could pick any one from the show to go on a dinner date with, who would it be and what would you do? What would you ask them? Geez, I'd love to talk with Tim Kring about writing, but if I were to choose one of the characters, it'd be Claire or West, just because they're my age, and that'd be fun, I think.
20. If you could have any super power, what would it be? (It does not have to be used in Heroes.) I would love to be able to always make the choice with the most preferable results without actually knowing what those results will be. I like to be surprised. ;)
21. If you had a super power would you try to ignore it? Use it for personal gain? Use it to help others? If it were an unwieldy power, I'd probably try to ignore it. If not, I'd use it both for personal gain and to help others.
22. Who is your ultimate favorite super hero from any show/comic/cartoon/film? I loved the way Iron Man was portrayed in the recent movie.
23. As a super hero how would you react to your identity becoming public knowledge? Well, shit.
24. What is your weakness (because every hero has one!)? I'm too emotional, too passionate. It leads me to say and do a lot of things that I shouldn't.
25. Please share at least 2 pictures of your self, or write a brief description of your appearance if you are uncomfertable or unable to post a photo. I am Chinese and damned proud of my East Asian heritage. My hair flies every which way. I wear tacky Mardi Gras bead necklaces and fobby Asian clothes. I have ink on my fingers from drawing with markers today. My default expression is a satisfied smile.
26. Is there anything else you would like to add?
They have waffles!