1. Name: Davina
2. Age: 20
3. Gender: 42
4. Would you prefer to be stamped as a specific gender? No
5. What is your Career? If you don’t have one, what is it that you would prefer to do career-wise with your life? I'm a writer, webdesigner and webprogrammer who would like to get paid for it. In my free time, I'm a student.
6. What is your favorite moment/memory from your childhood? Why? Nothing big is coming to mind. I think I had a fairly miserable childhood... I was bullied in school and stuff. :\
7. What do you do in a typical GOOD day? I hang around on the Internet writing, having theological debates and collaborating on Peter/Sylar crackfic with rampant_chaos8.
8. What happens to you in a typical BAD day? I post rants on the Internet insulting people who deserve it.
9. How do you respond under pressure? I have a mental breakdown and lose all functionality. I used to kick walls, but as I grew older I realised that kind of hurt and might resist in fractures.
10. What is your favorite movie? Least favorite? My favourite movie is Back to the Future because it's just awesome, and I'm a sucker for time travel. My least favourite movie is currently The Star Wars Holiday Special. I have tried and failed to survive more than an hour of that.
11. What is your favorite book? Today I'd say The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
12. How do you like to spend your free time (other than sitting behind a computer?) I like working with my hands, building stuff out of scrap material that my mother constantly threatens to throw away - I once made a tiny village thing out of nothing but toothpicks and blutack.
13. Who (whether in fiction, real life, across time etc) do you admire and respect the most? Why? Keanu Reeves. Because he's just awesome. He's been a great inspiration in my life. He's far more intelligent than public perception believes, he shows tremendous passion for his work, he's one of the nicest and most humble people in Hollywood, and he's an individual who's not afraid to be himself and stand up for what he believes in regardless of what other people think.
14. What is your biggest fear? Losing my hands. I don't mind losing my feet half as much; it's not as though I actually get up from my computer, and chairs are sufficient for mobility. Whereas without hands I can't write or type or make stuff or do any of those things I love, and that would kind of suck.
15. What is your favorite lyric/quote? "To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. Who is your favorite character on Heroes, and why? Peter, because - to paraphrase rampant_chaos8 - he's the embodiment of epic fail and so earnest about it.
17. Who is your least favorite character on Heroes and why? The ones whose names I can't remember, because if I liked them I'd remember their names. I actually like most of the characters or am indifferent towards them.
18. Which character can you relate to the most? Can't pick one; Ando as the perennial sidekick, doomed to the sidelines of the global show; Peter of the undefined self and persistent confusion; Sylar when I feel like killing people and having cake only to discover that the cake is a lie.
19. If you could pick any one from the show to go on a dinner date with, who would it be and what would you do? What would you ask them? Molly Walker; we'd have dinner. "Hi, can you find me a good script agent? I'm trying to sell a bunch of scripts..."
20. If you could have any super power what would it be (it does not have to be used in “Heroes”)? Shapeshifting.
21. If you had a super power would you try to ignore it? Use it for personal gain? Use it to help others? For personal gain and to help others.
22. Who is your ultimate favorite super hero from any show/comic/cartoon/film? Neo from The Matrix.
23. As a super hero how would you react to your identity becoming public knowledge?Be annoyed; I like my secrecy. And then perhaps I'd finally learn not to splurge my secrets all over LJ, because people talk. Even if you friends-lock posts.
24. What is your weakness (because every hero has one!)? People. I occasionally get panic attacks in crowds.
25. Please share at least 2 pictures of your self, or write a brief description of your appearance if you are uncomfertable or unable to post a photo.
Here's one picture:
And half a brief description: 5'6'', and really not anorexic although no one believes me until they see me eat.
26. Is there anything else you would like to add?
They have Waffles!! But they're out of waffles. Man, this place sucks. Hiro is my friend, but he needs to expand his dietary habits.