1. Name: David
2. Age: 20
3. Gender: Male
4. Would you prefer to be stamped as a specific gender? Let's not get into any gender-switching, please.
5. What is your Career? If you don’t have one, what is it that you would prefer to do career-wise with your life? I'm an office drone, and it is so boring. I can't wait to go back to college, and as for my future plans, I want a career that lets me travel around the world.
6. What is your favorite moment/memory from your childhood? Why? When I was eight years old, there was this bully who'd sworn to kick my ass. And one day, walking home from school, he saw me. I managed to get to the house of one of my mom's friends before he could catch me, and I called a friend of mine. Who was this huge football player. Just like I thought, the guy was waiting for me when I left to go home, but he didn't know I'd called my friend. I knew he'd be coming shortly, so I stalled for time. He never even saw it coming. I don't know how he ended up, but I never saw him again after that.
7. What do you do in a typical GOOD day? A good day is a day where it's not too hot, all the food I eat is delicious, and no one does anything to irriate me. Things like a rude Wal-Mart clerk, or a librarian who can't be bothered to put a book on hold for me, irritate me really quick. And I'm not a nice guy when I'm irritated. Read on...
8. What happens to you in a typical BAD day? For me, a bad day is when things don't go the way I'd like them to. And I usually get unpleasant - sarcastic, temperamental, in some cases even cruel - because I admit, I'm a little bit of a control freak. Unwanted surprises that screw up my plans for the day - getting a flat tire, the library not having any copies left of this book I want to read, that sort of thing - push my buttons really quick. Stuff that's genuinely my fault, like forgetting I'm cooking spaghetti and ending up with a charred mess, I'm not nasty about, because I take responsibility for my own mistakes.
9. How do you respond under pressure? Not all that great, really. I'm more emotional than I'd like to admit, and when things turn heated, so do I. Of course, if the pressure is just an impersonal problem that needs attending to, I'm cool as a cucumber.
10. What is your favorite movie? Least favorite? My favorite movie of all time has to be 'Batman: Mask of the Phantasm'. Not even the new Batman supplants it, although it does come very close. My least favorite movie is 'Robocop.'
11. What is your favorite book? Too many to list, most recently 'I Ching: The Book of Answers' by Wu Wei.
12. How do you like to spend your free time (other than sitting behind a computer?) I like to travel and see new places. But I also am a big bookworm and love to curl up in my armchair with a fascinating new book. Strange mix of adventurous and homebody.
13. Who (whether in fiction, real life, across time etc) do you admire and respect the most? Why? My admiration goes to the men and women throughout history who dared to defy social norms to do things that would benefit all of humanity.
14. What is your biggest fear? Box jellyfish. Well, maybe that's not my biggest fear. But that's the closest you get.
15. What is your favorite lyric/quote? Way too many to list, but here are a few of my favorites:
"If anyone survives... I'll tell them I couldn't have done it without you."
- Adam Monroe, to Victoria Pratt
"Well I'm different now, I feel I've been given a chance to start over... new life, a new identity... new purpose."
"Sir, I predict you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease."
"Sir, that depends on whether I embrace your policies or your mistress."
- Gladstone and Disraeli, 1834
"Guileless son, your spirit will hate her."
"The flower who married my brother, the traitor."
"And you will expose her puppet behaviour."
"For you are the proof of how he betrayed her."
- Heather Dale, 'Mordred's Lullaby'
"I get my fingers in all our pies. Before you know it, your little fingers including all your toes are in all the pies."
- Imelda Marcos
"I'll be the rain falling on your fire escape."
"And I may not be the man you want me to."
"I can be myself, how 'bout you?"
- Fastball, 'Fire Escape'
16. Who is your favorite character on Heroes, and why? Season One, it had to be Sylar: he was the only one with a clue. In a series with people constantly whining and bemoaning their extraordinary gifts, Syler was the only one who appreciated what he could do. Season Two introduced West, who charmed me into overlooking his power retread with his unique personality (Besides, Nathan uses his power so little, he may as well not even have it) . But my all-time favorite has to be Takezo Kensei/Adam Monroe. He's an excellent character that I can relate to completely, and his relationship with Peter Petrelli is one of the most intriguing in the series.
17. Who is your least favorite character on Heroes and why? I never really liked any of the DL/Niki family or Hiro. DL is a walking stereotype (he's black, so of course he has to be an ex-con), Niki's a Sybil clone, Micah is Molly Walker with a member, and Hiro is a geeky glory-hog always inserting himself into situations where he isn't needed or wanted so he can steal the spotlight.
18. Which character can you relate to the most? Adam Monroe. He was backstabbed by his best friend, betrayed by the woman he loved, and lost his faith in humanity as a result. I love Sylar for his ambition, but it's really hard to be sympathetic towards a guy who betrays everyone like clockwork. At least Adam seemed to genuinely like Peter Petrelli.
19. If you could pick any one from the show to go to dinner with, who would it be and what would you do? What would you ask them? Either Sylar or Adam Monroe. Sylar I know I'd be risking my life with, but it'd be worth it, because in my mind he would so pull a Hannibal Lecter and serve someone's brains. And I think Sylar is actually probably an excellent cook. Makings of a twisted Sylaire fanfic there? But I'd really rather chat with Adam Monroe because, c'mon, he's lived for four hundred years. That gives one an unmatched perspective on history, and I'm sure he's full of fascinating stories. I'd miss out on the brain cuisine, but I'd probably get to keep my own brains, which is always a plus.
20. If you could have any super power what would it be (it does not have to be used in “Heroes”)? I'd want regenerative/healing like Claire Bennet and Adam Monroe. Seemingly a passive power, right? Think again. Regenerators/healers are potentially the scariest evolved humans in the Heroes universe. Think about it. If you captured an enemy and had that power, you could torture them to madness or worse. Your blood would heal them, ensuring that they could not escape through death, and the human mind can only take so much pain before breaking. It'd also be really handy for one's own self-preservation.
21. If you had a super power would you try to ignore it? Use it for personal gain? Use it to help others? I'd never ignore having a power. Power is meant to be used. And I would use my power for the greater good.
22. Who is your ultimate favorite super hero from any show/comic/cartoon/film? I'm more for the villains, sadly. But I tend to like characters from the Batman universe, so let's go with him if I have to choose one.
23. As a super hero how would you react to your identity becoming public knowledge? I would use the revelation to gain power.
24. What is your weakness (because every hero has one!)? I'm too emotional for my own good.
25. Please share at least 2 pictures of your self, or write a brief description of your appearance if you are uncomfortable or unable to post a photo. I'm 5'8, blonde hair, blue eyes, and tend to dress conservatively.
26. Is there anything else you would like to add? Let's get an Adam Monroe stamp! Regardless of whether I get voted as him or not, he and Kensei are two separate characters by the definition of story, and so deserve two separate stamps! A West stamp would be nice too, and if I get three wishes, let's get Lyle a stamp as well. He's the most unappreciated character in the Heroes universe. Oh yes: And they have waffles!